> Is it possible to update a specific text or field sprite with
> changing the text of its member? [ sprite(spriteNum).member.text]
>
> I have multiple text fields that are created by the user, and
> rather than go the sloppy route of creating loads of separate
> empty text or field cast members, I'd like to keep it clean
> with just one member, where different instances have different text.

sorry but it doesn't work like that. sprites relate to members, there
really aren't different "instances" of members. however, you can
create new text or field members on the fly tho. look up the "new"
command. then have a dummy text member attached to your sprites on the
stage & swap them with the new ones as needed.

hth

Al Hospers
CamberSoft, Inc.
al<at>cambersoft<dot>com