At 7:00 PM -0700 5/7/01, Martijn Janssen wrote:
>Terry:
>thanks for your reaction!
>The thing I need is that multiple users can request some information on the
>"server" and then tell the server to perform some tasks.
>All users have to be able to monitor and manipulate the server's actions at
>the "same" time.
>
>Can this be done with SMUS?

Yes, up to 16 people can connect on a peer-to-peer basis with your "server"
aka peer host.

> I can not sell the server-client application if one needs to install SMUS
>as well.

Macromedia allows you to license a version of MUS at no charge which is
valid for up to 50 users.

>With xtranet the "server"-application acts like a real server, listening on
>a certain port etc...
>(it's like if the SMUS is inside the "server"-app)

This is the same as using waitForNetConnection to establish a peer host.
XtraNet has a higher technical limit than the 16 imposed by the Multiuser
Xtra - I think it is 50 - but the practical limit is probably lower.

Sorry for the delay in responding to this post - I missed it originally.
--

...---===|  Terry R. Schussler  |===---...
...---===|  Chief Investigator  |===---...

on accessResources
  coolSites = [ \
    "http://macromediaSEMINARS.com/";, "http://directorU.com";, \
    "http://multiuserU.com";, "http://flash5U.com";, \