Hello all,

I am trying to create a "MIAW factory" for want of a better word.
I am reasonable with lingo but still grasping the parent/child & oop thing.
This is mostly for my own knowledge but I'm trying to make tools for future
projects.
What I am doing is using a behaviour (attached to button) to pass MIAW
attributes to a manager (movie script) which then calls a parent script that
creates a new window, deletes it from the windowlist and adds it to the
actorlist, this is all working fine and can also be called from the opened
window by using a tell the stage.
What I need to do is have the window know itself, so it can tell the manager
to call close/destroy in that object.This is where it's all coming unstuck
:( I just don't know how to have the MIAW's know itself.
BTW I remove it from the windowlist to avoid the problems with forgetting a
window
I have had some success in creating a global proplist when first creating
the object [symbol(the filename):the object address]then passing the MIAW
filename to get its address, but this just seems clunky.

Is this a practical way to go about this, or am I just heading in a
seriously wrong direction here?
alternate or similiar suggestions/examples are SO welcome.
D8 WIN   I am on digest so I may be a bit slow to respond.
TIA
Brad