Asked this the other day and got no response --

I'm not new at all to netlingo stuff, and it was always my understanding
that preloading a file would bring it to the user's cache, whereas anotehr
request for the same file would pull from the local cached file rather
than the remote one, correct?

I have a fetcher object that rips through an xml page to preloadnetthing a
bunch of quicktime movies. I then try to reference these qt files later
with the same pathway by setting the filename of the member to the
preloaded url - it seems to be pulling from the remote file.