The fastest and easiest way is to put both video files into 1 QT movie.
Have 2 video tracks and then just turn the track you want to see to ON and
the other to OFF and vice versa.

I don't have Dir with me right now but the commands are something like
trackEnabled and setTrackEnabled or something like that. I have used this
in some projects for teaching pilots and it worked without a hitch. It
eliminates the need to try and capture the movieTime etc.

Hope that helps.
...Neil