This week's theme: words related to food.

macaronic (mak-ah-RON-ik) adjective

   Involving a mixture of languages.

[From Latin macaronicus, from Italian dialect maccarone (macaroni),
probably alluding to the jumble of macaroni and sauce on a plate.]

Today's word in Visual Thesaurus: http://visualthesaurus.com/?w1=macaronic

-Anu Garg (words at wordsmith.org)

  "Speaking not in the gleefully macaronic English that has made for such
   good, clownish copy in the past, but in his native Italian, he sounded
   serious and reflective as he answered questions about his age, his
   health, and his dwindling plans for the future."
   Justin Davidson; Pavarotti Winds Down; Newsday (New York); Mar 11, 1998.

Sponsored by:

Get an autographed copy of "In the Beginning," a 272 page guide to the origins
of everything--from Big Hair to the Big Bang; http://www.mentalfloss.com/store

Learn to think productively and creatively with "Think Better". One of
the best creative thinking books ever: http://amazon.com/o/asin/0071494936

Announce your products, services, or message here. Reach more than 600,000
people in this space. Write to: sponsorsATwordsmith.org (replace AT with @).

Perfect order is the forerunner of perfect horror. -Carlos Fuentes (b.
1928)

Our privacy policy: AWAD mailing list addresses are never sold, rented,
leased, traded, swapped, exchanged, or bartered. We hate junk mail.

Pronunciation:
http://wordsmith.org/words/macaronic.wav
http://wordsmith.org/words/macaronic.ram

This message was sent to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".