Have you ever asked yourself "If I can postpone something why can't I prepone
it?" Well, you definitely can. It's just that sometimes we are not aware of
the word. Prepone is an everyday word in India, where meetings, elections,
weddings, movie releases, exams, court cases, and more are preponed all the
time: http://google.com/news?q=prepone%7Cpreponed%7Cprepones%7Cpreponing

This week's collection features five words that are lesser-known counterparts
of more common words.

prepone (pree-PON) verb tr.

   To reschedule an event to an earlier time.

[Modeled after the word postpone, from Latin pre- (before) + ponere (to put).]

-Anu Garg (words at wordsmith.org)

  "Realising a long gap, the Election Commission today decided to prepone
   to February 23 the counting of votes ... which was originally scheduled
   for February 27."
   Counting in Haryana Advanced to Feb 23; Outlook (New Delhi, India);
   Feb 17, 2008.

Sponsors' messages:

See a map of your word in the Visual Thesaurus. Wordsmith readers
save 10%. Try it free! http://www.visualthesaurus.com/?ad=aw&code=h7q

A spa on your iPod! Relax while you access the inner resources you need to
make your goals into reality. http://innovativehypnotherapy.com/51101.html

You value your students and we value YOU! For superior online learning,
earn a master's from The University of Scranton. http://uscranton.com/WS

I believe I found the missing link between animal and civilized man. It is
us. -Konrad Lorenz, ethologist, Nobel laureate (1903-1989)

Discuss this week's words on our bulletin board: http://wordsmith.org/board

Remove, change address, gift subs: http://wordsmith.org/awad/subscriber.html

Pronunciation:
http://wordsmith.org/words/prepone.wav
http://wordsmith.org/words/prepone.ram

This message was sent to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".