From: Anu Garg (words at wordsmith.org)
Subject: Interesting stories from the net

Portugal Pays Lip Service to Brazil's Supremacy:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/europe/portugal-pays-lip-service-to-brazils-supremacy-819728.html

Lexicographical Longing:
http://nytimes.com/2008/05/11/magazine/11wwln-medium-t.html

Roget's Thesaurus with Beatles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHDn7_pmRug

---------------------------

From: Michael Bishop (stella.errante gmail.com)
Subject: Musical Lilliputians
Refer: http://wordsmith.org/words/lilliputian.html

While working collaboratively with some friends on a crossword puzzle I was
perplexed with one clue, just the word Lilliputians. "The only lilliputians
I know are the Beatles." Once they all stopped laughing they explained to me
the error of my ways.

Never again have I confused lilliputians and Liverpudlians.

From: Meredith Regal (meredk windows.microsoft.com)
Subject: Re: A.Word.A.Day--lilliputian

One of my favorite children's books is T.H. White's "Mistress Mashem's
Repose", unfortunately now out of print, which featured the descendants
of the Lilliputians. Thank you for reminding me of it.