This week's theme: insults.

quisquilian (kwis-KWIL-ee-uhn) adjective

   Worthless, trifling.

[From Latin quisquiliae (waste, rubbish).]

-Anu Garg (words at wordsmith.org)

  "It is painful to attack a writer as young in years and in time spent
   working at his craft as Chris Columbus, yet what are we to make of
   someone whose credits to date include Reckless, Gremlins, Goonies and
   the quisquilian subject under examination here?"
   Harlan Ellison and Leonard Maltin; Harlan Ellison's Watching; M Press; 2008.

Sponsors' messages:

Uppityshirts fit smart people like Dad to a tee. Cheek, wit and charm
+ Free Shipping = the perfect gift! Order now: http://uppityshirts.com

See a map of your word in the Visual Thesaurus. Wordsmith readers
save 10%. Try it free! http://www.visualthesaurus.com/?ad=aw&code=h7q

The whole art of teaching is only the art of awakening the natural
curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterwards.
-Anatole France, novelist, essayist, Nobel laureate (1844-1924)

Our privacy policy: AWAD mailing list addresses are never sold, rented,
leased, traded, swapped, exchanged, or bartered. We hate junk mail.

Pronunciation:
http://wordsmith.org/words/quisquilian.mp3

This message was sent to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".