[I use the term 'nerd' endearlingly btw.]

http://www.theage.com.au/it-pro/security-it/tech-executives-press-barack-obama-to-reform-nsa-surveillance-practices-20131217-hv67u.html

"The President made clear his belief in an open, free and innovative
internet and listened to the group's concerns and recommendations,
and made clear that we will consider their input as well as the input
of other outside stakeholders as we finalise our review of
signals-intelligence programs," the White House said in a statement.

It's interesting to consider the motivation for such a position.
"open, free and innovative" is possibly code for 'put it all out
there, people, so we can keep a close eye on what you're up to,
heh-heh'. And don't read 'free' as in 'free beer', either.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jw...@janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how
do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer