$quoted_author = "Roger Clarke" ;

> Thanks to all who contributed, and for the suggestion off-list (and
> by a colleague, Bcc'd in) of http://www.ozforex.com.au/.

Just another vote for Oz Forex. We used them when moving money between
Australia and Germany, both prior to and after moving from Sydney to
Frankfurt.  Very seamless, quick and because you specify the amount to be
received at the other end it never shows up short.

Roger, we had a slightly different experience where the rate we saw on the
website was locked in as soon as we submitted the trade. There was a phone
call within 30 minutes from one of their reps to double check it but the
rate was locked at the earlier time. We then had a day or two to transfer
the money. Not sure if this is how it works for everyone or just because we
were a known, good customer.

cheers
Marty