It only convinced 33% of the judges, so not a complete pass.

I always remember a story Robert Ornstein told in one of his books: he was
asked to be on a Turing test panel and he asked the "computer":  "Why don't you
come round here and give me a kiss?"

On 2014/Jun/09, at 9:04 AM, Jan Whitaker wrote:

> OK, this seems possible, but I'd like to see how an unknown set of
> questions from a panel would determine that this was or wasn't a real
> 13 y.o. boy. Anyone have more detail on how this test was actually
> conducted? According to the article, they test 3 machines. That means
> there wasn't a control -- e.g. a REAL 13 yo boy.
>

> http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jun/08/super-computer-simulates-13-year-old-boy-passes-turing-test
>

> Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
> jw...@janwhitaker.com
>
> Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how
> do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
> ~Margaret Atwood, writer

Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant
T: +61 2 61402408  M: +61 404072753