Kim Holburn wrote:
> If you use firefox get this extension:
>
> Disable clipboard manipulations
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nocopypaste/
>
> About this Add-on
>
> No configuration required, the extension is immediately active after
> installation. Web pages will no longer be able to listen to copy, paste and
> cut events to learn what you are copying or pasting, they won't even know
> that you do it at all. And they won't be able to interfere to push unwanted
> content to your clipboard when you copy text.
>
> There are legitimate uses for these events (online editors) but these are
> irrelevant for most people. It is unlikely that you will ever notice the
> functionality loss.

Or avoid the plug-in with Firefox and related browsers by visiting about:config
in the
location textbox and changing "dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled" to "false".

A comment on the plug-in page mentioned security and privacy issues being
addressed
by this plug-in. Now that I think about it, I suppose anything on your
clipboard could
be surreptitiously copied to rogue websites. Not a pleasant thought. Do you
know what
is in your clipboard right now?

*/cheers,
rickw

/*

--
Rick Welykochy || Vitendo Consulting

Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook) recently spent $30m buying up all the houses
around his own in Palo Alto, California. Because he needs more privacy.
     -- Eben Moglen