Isn't that just a war of business models?
Free range advertising v walled garden consumer?
I do not see any relative privacy gains from being internal to a walled
garden?
Do apple allow their consumers to sift or block the privacy intrusions of
their own iApps and advertising?
It doesn't look like it on my mum's iPad?

Perhaps regardless of context it would be nice if there were some ground
rules about agency and privacy?
We will need to tackle agency and privacy in order to live with the
implications
of the internet of things,
which even if it is a walled garden in the product source sense will be
'free range' in terms of being explicitly receptive within our homes and
hopefully subject to limits around 'peace of our possessions'.?