At 09:00 AM 15/09/2015, Tom Worthington wrote:

>The Federal Government has obtained increased powers to carry out
>surveillance of citizens in cases of terrorism, but it takes five days
>to triangulate the signals from cell towers to find someone in danger?

I had a similar experience at the local level recently when I saw a young
child's bike left on its own at a bus stop. With the whole child kidnapping
thing (which I know isn't common, but does happen), I rang 000. I got nowhere.
The dispatcher said they would do anything. I was incensed. So I filed a
complaint with the Ethical Standards Board and got a result. The main manager
of Emergency Services replied within a week, said the dispatcher was wrong in
his approach, that he would be retrained as to what to do with situations
involving children, and that he did raise it with his supervisor at the time,
probably to tell him or her how he'd gotten rid of the bird with the daft
ideas, and was told to get the police out there. The ES manager assured me they
would do better and to keep reporting things.

This was my second experience of a similar attitude of police. A few years
back, a neighbours house was being attacked and the police refused to come. I
complained about that one, too

It's like police don't think unless they themselves see it happening at the
time, they don't have to respond. It's incredible. Something is truly screwed
up in law enforcement.

Jan

I write books. http://janwhitaker.com/?page_id=8

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jw...@janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you
fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer