At 10:46 AM 24/10/2015, David Boxall wrote:
>These are people running businesses and families with children. If
>memory serves, one child averages about 20GB/month for educational
>purposes. And yes, there are typically many people using a single ISP
>account. Not just family, but employees as well. No, employees can't use
>mobiles; there's rarely service. No, I doubt that any of them would be
>torrenting or using video unnecessarily. At $10/GB that's not affordable.

The consideration of 'audience'/user characteristics is important but has it
been taken into account by NBN? Your mention of families in remote/regional
areas is one, or to put it more general -- multi-user shared subscriptions.

Then there's the upload versus download needs. Educational applications will
require uploads. Business definitely will. And if there are real-time
communication needs, which there are particularly for voice, the delay
contentions are going to be a bitch.

The blanket sort of decision making seems a bit short sighted. Why am I not
surprised?

Jan

I write books. http://janwhitaker.com/?page_id=8

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jw...@janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you
fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer