On 22/01/2016 7:51 AM, Karl Auer wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-01-22 at 07:17 +1100, David Boxall wrote:
>> I'm saddened that our current government's Neofascist propaganda tactics
>> have evidently compromised our ABC. Orwell would be proud.
>
> It takes two to tango. I'm saddened that the ABC was compromisable.
Self-censorship. Orwell commented on it.

 From one of the comments on that article:
"... The moment [the ABC] needs insurance, the moment who occupies the
government benches becomes a factor, all is lost. The whole point of
having an independent ABC is to prevent politicians controlling what is
presented. ..."
Perhaps we need the ABC de-corporatised; reverted to a Commission
structure, with funding guaranteed by legislation, rather than subject
to political manipulation.

--
David Boxall                    |  Dogs look up to us
                                |  And cats look down on us
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  But pigs treat us as equals
                                                    --Winston Churchill