At 01:59 AM 25/02/2016, Paul Brooks you wrote:
>Periodic or continuous off-site
>backups of computers/laptops, or NASs, software/firmware checks and updates
>from
>everything, permanently streaming security cameras/nannycams. Four to six
>laptops/desktops each downloading the same antivirus database updates hourly.

I got my first 'warning' re date quota use last month, which I thought was a
nice touch from internode. I still had a lot left by my estimation, but
still....

I've been surprised at how much my data usage has gone up for just me by adding
a tablet to my mix. Granted, I have oversubscribed to audio feeds (am trimming
back once I've seen that I don't listen to all that I download), but I'm sure
updating of just the main software is adding to my usage quite a bit, and
growing. That's just one device.

I also believe that updates of just OS on my laptop is using more. I've pretty
much stopped using my desktop (XP) so that doesn't get updated, but if I was
maintaining a desktop as well, that would add even more.

I'm almost to the stage of switching from a 50Gb plan to an unlimited plan so I
don't have to worry about it.

Jan

I write books. http://janwhitaker.com/?page_id=8

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jw...@janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you
fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer