At 05:07 AM 27/02/2016, Frank O'Connor wrote:

>And no matter what you say … the range of radio frequencies (and hence
>cchannel and data carrying capacity) is vastly limited compared to it’s
>electromagnetic cousin, light. And that doesn’t even begin to look at
>problems of scalability, interference, cross channel interference, range,
>error and other quality issues that WiFi incurs - as well as a host of the
>other issues that others have raised (power, maintainability, repairability,
>technology mix issues and the like)

Great point, Frank, about the capacity. And isn't it true that because the
fibre frequencies are contained, the frequencies are reusable if in distinct
fibre cables, no matter what the wavelength, unlike wifi which requires
physical separation by distance to avoid overlap interference? That is a BIG
bonus, especially for high density living environments with individual 'message
packet' needs. You sort of say that above. I was just thinking about how it's
all about frequencies, the light spectrum being part of it that happens to
travel well in the glass medium.

Whatever happened to future proofing? Mal T just 'past-proofed' Australia. Gee
thanks.

Jan

I write books. http://janwhitaker.com/?page_id=8

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jw...@janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you
fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer