On 28/02/16 13:44, David Boxall wrote:
On 28/02/2016 12:17 PM, Tom Worthington wrote:
... The future I imagine is one where people use data when out and
about ...

Only then? Do you see none being used in homes, businesses, factories

Yes, I do see data being used in homes, businesses, factories and the
like, but most of that will be mobile. New built homes on
greenfield/brown-field sites can have fiber installed during
construction, as the cost is minimal. Also office buildings and
factories can have fiber. It is just old homes where it is not be
worth installing new cable.

Is a vision of broadband limited to mobile uses rational?

Is it rational to suggest the trend to mobile devices will end?