Seems it's all part of Elon Musk's Tesla Masterplan for World Domination. ;)
<http://reneweconomy.com.au/2016/teslas-new-master-plan-revealed-and-its-uber-ambitious-74984>
“This is not beta software in any normal sense of the word… It is called beta
in order to decrease complacency and indicate that it will continue to improve
(Autopilot is always off by default). Once we get to the point where Autopilot
is approximately 10 times safer than the US vehicle average, the beta label
will be removed,” he said.

--
David Boxall                    |  When a distinguished but elderly
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  possible, he is almost certainly
                                |  right. When he states that
                                |  something is impossible, he is
                                |  very probably wrong.