At 01:38 AM 8/11/2016, Stephen Loosley wrote:

>Freeview FV can already mirror to Apple TV using AirPlay. Business Insider has
>contacted Freeview about any plans to support Google Chromecast.

I was looking forward to this app when I heard about it earlier. But, still far
too many holes in this thing for me. It requires individual apps per for each
broadcaster. I can't fit any more apps on my tablet, although I have kept SBS
and Iview. I tossed the others because they do NOT have all the programs
available, which was a disappointment. I use Chromecast as my connection to TV,
so that's out. Using by commuters and paying for the data streams on 3 or 4G is
insane. Not keen on them tracking my location either.

>work on both iPhones and iPads, but for Android users it is only optimised for
>mobile devices

I don't understand that - are they saying iPhones/Pads are other than mobile?
Or that Android devices aren't mobile? It makes no sense.

Question: I don't see anything about the compression/quality levels, which
greatly impacts demand on networks and data usage for consumers.

These guys are scrambling. I reckon they should have waited until they could
actually have it work like a TV - you know, one channel selector and that's it.

Beyond this app, I did see that 7 is now streaming Live. Not sure about the
others. I just noticed an advert for a program with that designation yesterday.

Jan

I write books. http://janwhitaker.com/?page_id=8

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jw...@janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Some psychopaths become serial killers, and other psychopaths become
prosecutors. - Bob Ruff, Truth and Justice, June 2016

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you
fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer