Mmmmm …

I pretty much view Bitcoin as a bit of an ethereal digital fraud in the making

1. It fails as a means of exchange for commercial/household transactions due to
inbuilt effluxion of time (it’s not instantaneous like a credit card or cash
transaction), transaction validation and lack of accountability.

2. It’s long gone past the stage where it could be considered viable for
‘micro-transactions’, if any micro-transaction facilitation will ever be needed
in any e-commercial context. What’s wrong with conventional small running
balances for God’s sake?

3. It’s not backed or administered by anybody I'd trust (and given the way some
exchanges have gone down owing hundreds of millions/billions at today’s Bitcoin
values, I’d be a fool to trust any of them), the value fluctuates wildly on a
daily basis, and if any currency needed a unit split (when 1 Bitcoin currently
equals 6 or 7 thousand dollars) it’s Bitcoin.

4. Currently the ONLY people seriously using it are the speculators … and we
know where Booms and Bubbles like that usually end up.

It’s still ostensibly a solution in search of a problem, without any of the
structures, processes and safeguards that protect and add value, predictability
and stability to other more conventional currencies.

Just my 2 cents worth …
---