I tried to use SBS On demand from a laptop the other day.  It insisted I create
an account and login then never played the video.  I tried various browsers.
Maybe it's my adblockers or maybe it's that I don't run flash any more.
Eventually I gave up.

On the other hand my raspberry pi running osmc kodi runs SBS On demand and
iview flawlessly and in reasonable resolution.  It's the main thing I use it
for.

> On 2018/Feb/02, at 2:47 PM, David <dloch...@key.net.au> wrote:
>
> Once upon a time I could happily play ABC iView and SBS on-demand videos.
> But now I have the latest Linux, Firefox & Videolan packages with H.264
> support, and Flash, and nothing much works at all.
>
> ABC iView plays at such a low frame-rate & resolution it's unwatchable.  The
> ABC seem to be doggedly persisting with Flash despite its terrible reputation
> regarding security and the fact it's disappearing from Firefox altogether, in
> fact all plugin support is going eventually.
>
> SBS on-demand doesn't work at all, but I don't think it uses Flash (?).  The
> Firefox browser console displays a mass of diagnostics beginning with "Error:
> window.SBS.ensighten is undefined".
>
> Videos on the Fairfax website don't work either.  I think it basically uses
> H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, but the browser console reports:
>
>> Cannot play media. No decoders for requested formats:
>> application/vnd.apple.mpegurl, audio/mpegurl, audio/x-mpegurl,
>> application/x-mpegurl, video/x-mpegurl, video/mpegurl, application/mpegurl,
>> application/dash+xml, video/mp4;codecs="avc1.4d400d mp4a.40.2",
>> application/vnd.apple.mpegurl, application/vnd.apple.mpegurl, video/mp4,
>> video/mp4, video/mp4, video/mp4
>
> But all is not lost, YouTube videos (H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC) work perfectly.
> Pity I don't normally watch YouTube...
>
> There's more at
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/why-do-i-have-click-activate-plugins and
> the "compatibility" document linked at the top of the article if anyone's
> interested.
>
> DavidL.

Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant