GPs want clinical handovers, not discharge summaries
https://www.doctorportal.com.au/mjainsight/2018/10/gps-want-timely-appropriate-hospital-handovers/

"In the real world, GPs are grappling with being thrown links to
hospital electronic records through systems such as “The Viewer”.
Investigations are likely to be uploaded (after a delay) to
MyHealthRecord. These are raw data, unfiltered and disorganised, and
more of a throw than a handover. Being thrown raw data and being
expected to catch them in this way is akin to a hospital doctor being
given the login to the GP clinic’s patient management system and being
expected to extrapolate a referral."

--

Regards
brd