Steve Bulmer once pronounced open-source software to be "un-American".

Maybe it is.  If only we could work out what "un-American" means then we'd
know.

The action in computing is in data centres and Microsoft want their
software to be running data centres.  Excluding Linux, or anything, is not
on.  The OS itself is basically a commodity item, pick and choose for
application compatibility.  Microsoft have now produced a new
cross-platform version of Powershell that runs on Windows, Linux and OSX
and includes support for things like Docker.  The object here would be to
allow cross-platform centre management using Microsoft tools.

Jim