On 20/7/20 8:06 pm, Kim Holburn wrote:
> https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/20/cheap-popular-and-it-works-irelands-contact-tracing-app-success
>> Cheap, popular and it works: Ireland's contact-tracing app success

Even The Guardian has caught the daft disease.

Repeat after me:
1.  An app doesn't work just because people download it
2.  It could work if it had solid foundations in physics, logic and
    practicality
3.  It would be likely to work if it was lab-tested and pilot-tested
4.  It would be known to work if the deployment was metricated, so that
    genuine numbers were delivered from the field, and they showed it
    was accurate enough, and delivered usable and useful data
5.  None of 2., 3. and 4. are true, for Ireland's CovidTracker or
    for the Aust govt's COVIDsafe / sunscreen tool

See various, incl.
http://www.rogerclarke.com/EC/EBPA.html (30 Apr)
http://www.rogerclarke.com/EC/CSAF.html ( 1 May)

<sigh>

--
Roger Clarke                            mailto:roger.cla...@xamax.com.au
T: +61 2 6288 6916   http://www.xamax.com.au  http://www.rogerclarke.com

Visiting Professor in the Faculty of Law            University of N.S.W.