Hello Louis.

Just a quick answer for now :

We changed the name of the submodule "linphone" a few weeks ago. It is
now named "liblinphone" (it might be the root cause of your problem)

I see that you are trying to clone from
"git://git.linphone.org/linphone", but on the website the clone command
is done via https.

Please try with this command instead : "git clone
https://gitlab.linphone.org/BC/public/linphone-desktop.git --recursive"
and with the master branch.

Regards,

Peio Rigaux