Others have occasionally posted this issue over the past 10 years.   My use
case is that there are a number of professional broadcast appliances that can
accept SIP connections in addition to using their proprietary companion
appliance.

Another project (microsip) does send a stereo stream to the appliance I'm
trying to use (Comrex Access), but they don't have an option to do any quality
setting for Opus other than 24k sample rate (hopping for 44-48k rates).

Anyway, it would sure be nice if someone could get stereo mode to work.  I
don't need an echo cancelling feature in case that is making stereo mode hard.