Hello Dave,

Issues 1) to 3) are related to the soundcard and its device driver.
It seems to me that you are using ALSA under X11 and I have no
experience at all with that. As far as I understand many people
use it without any problems, I hope you have solved those problems
by now.

Under 2) you write "the S meter remains at full scale at all
times, and there is no way I can reduce it except to turn
my TS2000 audio all the way down."

This is a fundamental problem inherent in all PC dsp systems.
The signal level has to match the sensitivity of your soundcard.
Unplug your TS2000 from your soundcard and note where the noise
floor is located in the main spectrum (with blue dB scale lines)
Then connect the cable and see by how much the noise floor
is lifted. In case you see it lifted by more than about 20 dB,
you are feeding too much signal into the soundcard. There are
volume controls in the mixer program, but it mat not always be
safe to set them extremely low because something could saturate
earlier in the soundcard.....

You should NOT use the microphone input. It is far too sensitive
with too much noise and it may contain an audio AGC that would
disturb processing. In case the line input is too sensitive,
just use two resistors to attenuate the loudspeaker signal
by a suitable amount. Place for example 100 ohms between
the center conductor and the outer conductor very close to
the soundcard connector. Then connect the center conductor
to the loudspeaker output through 1000 ohms for 20 dB
attenuation.

Maybe you find the S-meter at full scale even when the hardware
signal levels are properly set. Then you should use the control
boxes in the S-meter graph. Use F1 with the mouse on a box to
find  out what it is intended to do.

4) Moving the linrad windows is not very convenient. You have
to move the border lines one by one. (Experienced users can
edit the par_xxx_xg files with a text editor)

73

Leif / SM5BSZ