In a message dated 1/16/2002 1:07:21 PM Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> But since you already have a Linux image running, there is
> no need to use the MVS bootstrap. You can use Linux to
> make another volume IPL with ramdisk. It's in the ISP/ASP
> redbook (1st time today ;-) in the 'Building a quick start disk'
> section.

So...I can use silo from my SuSE 7.0 system to put the
Redhat 2.4.9 ramdisk in place, then IPL that ramdisk system,
then FTP the RPMs to the same volume and I should have my
"single vol IPL disk" right ??

I was thinking I needed to install the RH 2.4.9 system first
via FTP before i could build this....but I guess not.....

Tia
Dave