> Note that Alan originally asked for the number of "Red Hat PC (!!)
> boxed sets" that one could buy, and this was then magically turned
> into a discussion on the cost of buying a Suse Linux/390 combined
> software + support package, which is quite a different thing,
> and totally irrelevant for the comparison that Alan was making.
>
> PC linux boxed sets are available from Red Hat, Suse, and others
> at roughly $100.

Fine, but this is a mailing list specifically intended to discuss
Linux on S/390 and zSeries, not PCs.  Alan's original question was
off-charter for the group and I think the note about Suse's new
attitude to what many considered a lowest-cost environment is highly
relevant.

As thread drift goes, it was pretty tame - it stayed with Linux and
costs and even brought the discussion closer to the group's charter.

--
  Phil Payne
  The Devil's IT Dictionary - last updated 2002/01/03: