Hi everyone!

I'm running Conectiva Linux/S390 with patches and oco modules from
november 23rd, under an IBM Multiprise 3000 with some ESCON cards using
addresses 0x80-5. One of them, using addresses 0x82 and 0x83 and adaptor
number 2, are dedicated to a Linux machine running under VM.

At first, I had the following line in chandev.conf:

lcs0,0x82,0x83,2

It doesn't work. After hours trying to make the driver work with dozens
of different configurations tried, many configuration files revisited
all around the machine, I've found something that works:

lcs0,0x82,0x83,2,2

No, I'm not kidding. I've tryied every valid parameter in chandev.conf
you can imagine, without any success. Using "2" as the fifth parameter
is the *only* way it works. Unfortunately, in the documentation there's
nothing about using "2" in that place. It should be just 1 or 0, turning
on or off IP checksumming.

Anyone could please explain what it means?

now-I-remember-why-I-hate-oco-modules-ly y'rs

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]