From: Alan Altmark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 9:55 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: QETH Driver failure

On Wednesday, 01/23/2002 at 10:19 EST, "Post, Mark K" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I must have misunderstood something that was being said in the past
about
> IBM support of Linux/390.  If someone like Craig is getting segfaults in
the
> QETH OCO driver for Linux/390, I thought he could open up a problem
record
> with the IBM support center to get it looked at.  Does he have to buy an
IBM
> maintenance license to do that?  (Here we go again, I can see it now...)
 Or
> is his only option to try to get some help from the Boeblingen folks who
> subscribe to the mailing list?  This is something I need clarified for
> myself for future reference.  (And if anyone in Boeblingen is reading,
the
> raw kernel oops is at the bottom.  Craig can run it through ksymoops for
you
> if you contact him.)

If you want traditional defect support, you will need to buy a support
contract from someone (IBM, the vendor, or a 3rd party).  Otherwise, you
can e-mail us at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and we'll respond on an
"as-available" basis (see the Developerworks web page), or you may get
some help on this list.

Regards,
Alan

IBM Senior Software Engineer
z/VM Development,     Endicott, NY
Phone  607.752.6027    fax 607.752.1497     t/l 852