On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Coffin Michael C wrote:

> I love the fact that they call these "Linux-Only" boxes when in fact, they
> are z/VM boxes hosting Linux-390 guests!  Why is it that in IBM's press
> release they state that these boxes employ:
>
> "IBM's industry leading z/VM virtualization technology"
>
> and yet they have the nerve to call these "Linux-Only" boxes?!?!
>
> Sorry, just venting - for over 10 years IBM has been aggressively trying to
> kill VM and it get's a bit frustrating to see them continuously "chipping
> away" at it like this even though it now is called "industry leading z/VM
> virtualization technology"!!!

        Through my crystal ball I forsee, open-source user space machine-
virtualization under linux ...  And a pricy z/Series Virtualization-assist
kernel module.   Amazingly amid the bits and bytes of these modules and
executables I see the oft repeated letters "HCP" and there is an aura of
nostalgic deja-vu for anyone who has ever glanced at any of VM's control
block structures.

                                                                -- TWZ