We are in the process of creating a production LINUX world within a z/VM
environment on an IFL. We are planning to create 20-30 instances for various
test and production application reasons. Is there any way for these various
guests to share the kernel or any other software? I have read a Marist doc.
on using DCSS to use for the IPL code, but not for any operating system
software. We are concerned about redundant data storage and more
importantly, software maintenance and management of the basic operating
system and key utilities. We already are experiencing a management nightmare
due to various application needs to install patches and updates and trying
to determine what fixes we should put where and when.