Cross-posted with Rant mode on!

Ok so someone posted a comment about the non interface VMSecure has with
the Linux/z (LZ for short) when running under VM.

I will skip the argument about a security interface which should be
there but how about the following:

An interface into LZ so that when more disk space is needed on LZ
VMSecure responds with an appropriately formatted volume attached/linked
to the LZ Virtual machine so it can perform the LZ magic.  Or let CA
come up with a LZ worker machine which does the LZ type formatting
before it is attached/linked to the LZ machine.

An interface with VMSchedule and/or VMBATCH  to Autosys allowing for
workload process integration between the 2 levels (hypervisor / guest).

A signaling process where an LZ machine can have VMBACKUP take a snap
shot of a volume that is no longer being used by Linux (like the mirror
pair of a LVM mirror).

An interface in VM:Operator which would allow VM:Operator automation to
interface with LZ machines especially during IPL/Shutdown.

Yes I know each of these interface could be developed in house.  But
with all this LZ activity I don't have the time to build them.

OH and that security interface wouldn't be a bad deal either.

Regards,
Phil Tully
Manager
z/VM and linux/Z support