A couple of days ago, IBM gave two presentations to some of the staff here.
The first presentation was on Linux and they mentioned VM on Intel.  There
was nothing mentioned on the differences between it and VM on a zSeries.
The second presentation was on VM.  I asked the VM presenter about the
difference between VM on Intel and zSeries.  It was only in response to my
question that the differences became obvious.  Had I not asked, people
could have left the presentation thinking that the feature/functionality of
zVM can be obtained on Intel boxes.

This was very similar to the time IBM pSeries people talked about their
LPAR capability.  They mentioned that it was zSeries technology that had
been ported to pSeries.  Only when prodded by some very specific questions
did they mention that LPARs on pSeries did not provide some very
significant functionality that they do provide on zSeries.  Once again a
person could have left the meeting thinking they were getting far more than
is really available.

It sure would be nice, if in their presentations, IBM pointed out the
benefits of zSeries.  Why don't they?