I'd be interested to see that. It was my first programming language. I
don't think it would be free as it is an IBM program product and then there
is the fact that it is written in 370/390 assembly language. Of course if
someone has rewritten it in C in the meantime from scratch that would
remove the technical and legal impediments.

Regards, Craig

+61-2-9354-7283 tel +61-2-9354-7797 fax
Craig Vernon B.App.Sc. LL.B.
IBM Support Centre FB41
55 Coonara Ave
West Pennant Hills 2125
Sydney NSW Australia
Visit us at http://www.ibm.com/services/au/its

"You can not find a solution using the same thinking that created the
problem." - Albert EInstein

If received in error please delete and notify the sender immediately. No
other use permitted. Neither confidentiality, privilege nor copyright
waived.

                    Geoffrey Willis
                    <gwillis@NERAC.       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    COM>                  cc:
                    Sent by: Linux        Subject:     PL/I for Linux?
                    on 390 Port
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    ARIST.EDU>

                    21/02/2002
                    11:17 PM
                    Please respond
                    to Linux on 390
                    Port

Hi all,
 I may have asked this some time ago, but I was wondering if anyone had
ported PL/I to Linux yet?
Tia
 Geoff