> Am Mit, 2002-02-27 um 15.39 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> > How can I make an ISO image from a CD?  I would like to be able to then
> > mount that ISO image as loopback device.  That way I don't have to have the
> > CD mounted all the time.
> >
> it is a simple:
>
> dd if=<your cd device name goes here/> of=MyLovelyMVSImage.iso

I don't know why "everyone" recommends dd for this purpose. I've been
using the easier cp command and it works perfectly well. dd has extra
options, but they're not needed in this case.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my
disposition.