I am trying to develop an exec that will shut down a Linux instance from VM
user MAINT. I have figured out how to become a secondary user and log on as
root and provide a password using CPSEND mechanism. The problem I'm having
is being able to code a routine that can parse a response sent from the
Linux instance. I want to know if an "application" shutdown within the
instance has completed before I issue a "shutdown -h now" to the instance. I
have it working just using some "sleep" commands, but I need more control
than that. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.