>> I've never tried to use DHCPCD on Linux/390.  Sounds a little bizarre to
me.
>> Still, you might try using a Linux DHCPD server and see if it handles
things
>> better.
>
>If you're using an OSA in QDIO mode, virtual hipersockets in z/VM 4.2 or
>CTC/IUCV links, DHCP (server or client) will not work.  It (DHCP) needs
>broadcast support, and none of these devices support it.  Dedicated OSAs
in
>LCS mode will work OK, as will CIP cards.
>
> -- db

I guess the magic it requires besides broadcast (client) is MAC
addressing support at the network layer which is not available in
QDIO mode, nor with CTC/IUCV, but LCS only (not sure about CLAW).

Now folks, please let me know about the importance of having DHCP
support with Linux on zSeries - and is client or server more important
to you, or both ?

Best regards,
Ingo