I'd like to gather your feedback on the requirement for Linux
exploiting Parallel Access Volume (PAV) support available on ESS
(Shark) storage subsystems and its competitors in the market.

In the past some customers expressed their concern about the data
throughput ESCON attachments provide, which made us think about PAV
support. However, I would appreciate any thoughts about FICON based
storage attachments already satisfying your throughput requirements
or whether you consider PAV exploitation a major requirement
nonetheless ? Any opinions ? e.g. do you see requirements for it
as you can't move to FICON in the forseeable future ?

I would appreciate your feedback, either offline or to this list.
In any case I would appreciate if you could also depict the business
scenario / solution you expect PAV exploitation being a requirement
for.

Thanks and best regards,

Ingo

Ingo Adlung,
Linux for zSeries - Strategy & Design

The box said, 'Requires Windows95 or better', ...so I installed LINUX.