Are you using UUCP? What "way" did you do the re-install? Did you build
from source, use a preset mc and m4? Or do you have an RPM?

What is the platform SuSE? If this is the case go into Yast and config.
Sendmail to you needs, there is a section under Admin someplace (Yast is
not in front of me) that has Sendmail config, even an expert menu. Exit
and call SuSEconfig, this will rebuild the cf, restart Sendmail with
rcsendmail restart.

uux BTW calls commands on another host (like rsh rcp) and is part of the
uucp package.

Regards,

Jon

Jon R. Doyle