That is really interesting!

Where in what CP control block can we get that info?

(My 2.4.7 kernel doesn't seem to have that info anywhere.)

                    Ulrich Weigand
                    <Ulrich.Weigand@d       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    e.ibm.com>              cc:
                    Sent by: Linux on       Subject:
                    390 Port
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    IST.EDU>

                    03/26/02 12:15 PM
                    Please respond to
                    Linux on 390 Port

Stephen Frazier wrote:

>When installing Linux on VM, the procedure is the same no matter whether
>the VM is running first level, second level, third level or nth level.
>The Linux guest has no way of telling how many levels of VM it is
>running under.

Not quite true; if you have a recent kernel, /proc/sysinfo will tell you,
amongst other things, under how many VM levels you are running. (However,
the output is restricted to only 8 levels ...)

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards

Ulrich Weigand

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  Linux for S/390 Design & Development