John Summerfield wrote:
> Actually, I'm not THAT old. I'm sure we were using Algol 68.

Algol68 compilers for Linux are also available:

http://www.nunan.fsnet.co.uk/algol68/
        CTrans, a port of the ELLA A68ToC compiler for Linux
        This is apparently a rather restricted subset.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~jmvdveer/algol68.html
        Algol68G
        Although not a complete implementation, the documentation
        seems to suggest that this one may be fairly complete, as
        ALGOL68 compilers go.

--
     Willem Konynenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas