On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 14:20:25 +0200, Rob van der Heij <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>At 23:04 02-04-02, Alan Cox wrote:
>

>>For example I contributed -1000 lines (note the minus) to the aacraid driver.
>>

>Oh dear! Where did those 1000 lines go? Do we now have somewhere
>the extra 1000 lines of code that probably have little function?
>Should you not 'comment out' those lines instead?  <g>

I remember a manager at IBM Research who had an intern working for
her. He was working on a GML rendering program for PC and was
regularly recording 500-1000 decrease in total LOCs per week. All this
while implementing new functions as asked. She loved the result but
hated that her code productivity metrics were being turned upside
down.

john