Hi Rich -

I use Exceed on Win 2000 too and I've switched from using xdm to kdm.  kdm
gives a better login interface *and it gives a user the ability to choose
from the various window managers installed on the system.

Of course I'm still a greenhorn soooo....

Matt Lashley
Systems Programmer
State of Idaho

                    Rich Blair
                    <RichB@ALLENSYS        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    GROUP.COM>             cc:
                    Sent by: Linux         Subject:     GNOME on vm/s390
                    on 390 Port
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    ARIST.EDU>

                    04/09/2002
                    02:03 PM
                    Please respond
                    to Linux on 390
                    Port

I have Hummingbird Exceed running on my windows 2000 workstation.
XDM is running on Linux under vm.
I'm able to login to the Linux via XDM which then brings up the KDE desktop
environment on my workstation.
I have a user that would like to use the GNOME desktop.
My question is how can I invoke GNOME instead of KDE once I've logged in
via
XDM.

Thanks.

Rich Blair | Sr. Systems Programmer

ASG |  <http://www.asg.com/> asg.com
1333 Third Avenue South
Naples, Florida 34102  USA

Tel: 941.435.2243
Fax: 941.213.3717
Toll Free: 800.932.5536

The premier source for understanding,
managing, and extending existing systems