From: Rob van der Heij [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 2:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Subject: Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:
00

At 17:56 23-04-02, you wrote:

>Also, you commented that Rob's recipe for writing the IPL files to disk was
>based on the premise of having OS/390 available.  I'm pretty sure that VM
>has the equivalent of ICKDSF available, so the method should be adaptable
>that environment.  (Of course, I don't think Rob or I ever thought it would
>be necessary under VM.)

Oh, &deity forbid... obviously I used that to develop the stuff but
the process with ICKDSF on VM was painful to do. I misunderstood the
environment.

The logging shows no ramdisk recognized. Either the ramdisk was
corrupted during download or maybe the wrong kernel is being used
(though I think the 0003 FILES CHANGED is only when you have the
the RDR IPL configured in I think).

Rob