Hello,

We are about to take another look at what toolset might be appropriate if we
had a production Linux service
under Z/VM (currently 3.1.0, maybe 4.2.0 for the aforementioned service).

Could anyone please provide brief details of their production setup and
toolset used specifying product names etc
for the following areas and any that I may have overlooked :-

 - Backup / Recovery      - Performance      - Security      - Automation
- Alert Detection       - Guest Management

We currently run OS/390 guests using a mainly OS/390 toolset and dont even
have VM VTAM or VM TCP/IP.
We use an OS/390 gateway ip stack for our current Linux guests. Although we
will probably install VM TCP/IP we are
wondering if it is feasible / practical to run Linux like our OS/390 and use
a mainly Linux toolset.

Any config information  and / or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Eric Lawler.

Eric Lawler,
Infrastructure Support (Platforms),
Barclays Enable,
Ground Floor (A7), Block 10, Radbroke Hall, WA16 9EU (M).
Phone: 7-2000-3729 (Internal)
+44 (0)1565 613729 (External)
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays Group
does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.
Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes, it does not
accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by
viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Barclays
Group.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays Group
for operational or business reasons.